Supported since 2004 by the French comittee and its members, an important motion has been passed today. It changes the governance of the UICN and makes it possible for infra-national governments to become members of the UICN. We’ve supported it, we’ve got it.
- My hearing during the French Economic, Social and Environmental Council (CESE)
- Local territories are finally members of the UICN!
- The IUCN integrates the issue of climate change in it’s own right: we have created a 7th commission.
- New challenges for the Mediterranean with strong protection zones in perspective. IUCN France collaboration prospects discussed tonight with H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco.
- Biodiversity: “We must stop certain fishing practices”, says IUCN – RTL