The meeting on community membership in IUCN, organized by the French IUCN Committee at the Ile-de-France regional council at the invitation of Yann Wehrling, (Vice-president of the Ile de France regional council in the Île-de-France region) brought together more than 30 communities to discuss the membership of communities to the IUCN and the French Committee, following the decision of the World Conservation Congress in September in Marseille. This meeting was an opportunity to strengthen the French Committee and discuss territorial strategies for biodiversity, nature-based solutions for climate change, protected areas, nature in the city, or even international cooperation. These beautiful proposals show a desire for innovation from current communities, which has reiterated the French committee in its conviction for 15 years: communities play an essential role in the preservation of nature.
- Wetlands are our life insurance against the combined climate and biodiversity crises
- Conference of the Parties to CITES: How to address the fight against wildlife trafficking
- Adapting Paris (and the cities of the future) to global warming
- International Conference on Environmental Law: how to address climate change, pollution and biodiversity loss
- Elle magazine: In Paris, for an event organised by the Jane Goodall Foundation, I presented my point of view on how to take action.